Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Communication



According to Shermerhorn communication is at the heart of the management process (Shermerhorn 254).  An effective communication between members of an organization guarantees success. This blog has been effective as a communication tool for the management class. I agree that it has been effective because one of the major problems about communication is noise. In this blog was easy to communicate without interruptions. In addition, it is easy for me to write as a method of communication instead of speaking since English is not my first language. By writing my responses to the topics in the blog were easier to carry the message without being interrupted or misinterpreted by the receiver.  This blog has been very useful for me because it has helped me to improve my writing and reading skills.  The topics that we were asked to discuss in this blog were relevant for my understanding of the material. We were also given the opportunity to interact with others and to know a little bit about them. It has been so helpful to know that people agree with some of my ideas. All the feedback was constructive by letting me know that I can do better. The channel of this communication is appropriate because technology can make easier and better the communication between people. This blog has been a great way of professional communication. The topics discussed in the blog were important especially the blog call “Cooler Water” this blog has the right words for the right persona and the right moment. In addition, this blog was a great way of managing my grade. I learned to plan, to organize, to control and to lead. I improve my writing and I will be using this blog as a learning tool after this class ends. In a future I will love to hear some feedback about the new postings and specially my grammar. I think that this blog should remain as part of the course because it gives the opportunity to students to express their ideas. Thank you Professor Kurpis. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. This blog provides us a space to communicate without noise. Because there are too many people in one calss that sometimes we only have chance talk to the classmate next to us. Discussing the class activities via blog, we can share our experiences to understand the material more. It is a fun way for us to study. Keep going and Good luck on your finals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i had never thought about the blog as a way of easy communication due to lack of noise. i guess i always thought that with the millions of people who use the internet and who blog everyday it was such an innefective way to communicate. but now i think i see that when the blog is focused with specific people looking for it and reading it then it makes the communication much easier... life changing :D

    ReplyDelete